We are sponsored by audible! http://www.audibletrial.com/programmingthrowdown
- Windows 10
- Google open sources cluster management
Book of the Show
Tool of the Show
- Jason: Photopia http://adamcadre.ac/if/photopia.html / Choice of Robots (iOS)
- Patrick: Don't Starve (iOS)
Inside Game Programming
- Game disciplines
- What are the roles?
- Writer, game designer, artist, engine coder, tool coder, game coder (scripter)
- What are the requirements for each of the roles?
- What’s the difference between working for a game company and making a game in your spare time?
- Why do most studios still roll their own game engines?
- What is the atmosphere like at a game studio?
- What is it like to play an unfinished game through each of the stages?
- What can someone do to become a game programmer?
- Education: Computer Science, Mathematics esp. Linear Algebra
- Portfolio (demo games, making your own raytracer)
- What should a future game programmer know about games in general?
- How much should they play or know about the games made by that company?
- How can potential candidates reach you?
- Naughty Dog: http://www.naughtydog.com/work
- Ubisoft: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/careers/experience.aspx